This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

issues with 3.3

Apr 8, 2011 at 8:21 AM
Edited Apr 8, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Hi Lorenz,

Congrats on the new version. Works more smoothly.

Issues:

FIXED in version 3.3.1 ---> 1) When show window border is unchecked, after making OnTopReplica fullscreen and back to normal size, then the chrome or window border comes back (and OnTopReplica window is slightly shifted in its position).

2) When maximizing and restoring the cloned window, OnTopReplica is not resized automatically (workaround: have to use mouse scroll on the OnTopReplica window).

REQ: Also can the 'show window border' option be permanently stored in settings (user.config) so that the previous setting is restored.

Thanks and Regards,

Red

Coordinator
Apr 10, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Hello Red,

regarding (2), I think that should be relatively feasible. I'll look into it. It might not work for windows that belong to another user or are running with different user privileges, but anyway.

Regarding the "show window border" option, unfortunately a borderless "glassy" window is completely transparent in Windows, therefore starting up OnTopReplica without a border would make it almost impossible to see. :) However, I'm planning some kind of "stored scenarios" which should allow OnTopReplica to start up with pre-configured options (including border presence or not). That should make up for it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Hi Lorenz,

Could you "show window border" only when OnTopReplica starts and then remove the border After cloning a window (depending on the option to show or not)?

Also a minor bug: if i close OnTopReplica with "show window border" unchecked, then upon restarting OnTopReplica the position is shifted a bit to the right and bottom.

Thanks and Regards,

Red

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Hi Lorenz,

Thanks for the new 3.4 version.

It's faster than before and more cool options.

Please consider fixing the shifting bug as reported in the above post, bcoz it still exists in 3.4.

Thanks and Regards,

Red

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2012 at 1:41 AM

reddevilrulez wrote:

Please consider fixing the shifting bug as reported in the above post, bcoz it still exists in 3.4.

Sorry for the slow response, but I'm working on it when I find some free time. :) The "shifting bug" has finally been resolved and the fix has been committed. It should be released in version 3.5 (I'm still collecting a couple of more fixes and adjustments before pushing the update.)

Thanks for the feedback!

(I hope to also persist the "show window border" option to user settings. That needs some further tinkering...)