Disable click through and also create autostart settings

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I currently enabled click through but now I don't know how to disable it. I tried shift, ctrl, alt while clicking but couldn't activate the window to disable click through. Can someone help or do I need to close the app and re-open it?

My 2nd question is, is there a way to have ontopreplica open with specific settings each time (Maybe make a shortcut for it?) I currently use it every morning on a specific window and would like it to start and use that window title automatically, enable transparency, and enable click through. I didn't see any documentation for this so I thought I'd ask.

Thank you
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2013 at 11:19 AM
rothgar wrote:
I currently enabled click through but now I don't know how to disable it. I tried shift, ctrl, alt while clicking but couldn't activate the window to disable click through. Can someone help or do I need to close the app and re-open it?
"Click through" should be disabled automatically when you reactivate the OnTopReplica window from the taskbar. This works in Win7 and Win8 in my experience, but if it doesn't I can try to do in some other way.

rothgar wrote:
My 2nd question is, is there a way to have ontopreplica open with specific settings each time (Maybe make a shortcut for it?) I currently use it every morning on a specific window and would like it to start and use that window title automatically, enable transparency, and enable click through. I didn't see any documentation for this so I thought I'd ask.
Not yet, unfortunately. I plan on implementing exactly this feature using the taskbar jump lists from Windows 7: you should be able to create "scenarios" that launch OnTopReplica following a couple of parameters like the one you mentioned (cloning by title or window class, transparency, click through and so on).

Right now you can work around this by using command line parameters: if you launch "OnTopReplica --help" you'll see the full list of parameters and create a batch script that simply launches the app for you. :)
Mar 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Lck wrote:
"Click through" should be disabled automatically when you reactivate the OnTopReplica window from the taskbar. This works in Win7 and Win8 in my experience, but if it doesn't I can try to do in some other way.
Indeed you are right (don't know why I didn't try that before). Once I select the taskbar item clickthrough was disabled.
Right now you can work around this by using command line parameters: if you launch "OnTopReplica --help" you'll see the full list of parameters and create a batch script that simply launches the app for you. :)
Thanks for the tip. Creating a shortcut with a few switches is easy enough for me.