This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

OnTopReplica disappears

Feb 3, 2015 at 5:06 AM
I had only used OnTopReplica for a few days, but was really enjoying the functionality, and was slowly learning my way around the program. However, after a session wherein I had to repeatedly change the region/aspect of the program, it ended up off screen somehow. I suspect it has been dragged off-screen in a vertically thin mode, but it seems to have saved the settings, and other than uninstalling and reinstalling, not sure how I would fix the issue.

TL;DR: The program opens up off screen and I can't 'reach it' to change it to use it.
Coordinator
Feb 3, 2015 at 5:46 PM
This should really be checked on start-up. I'll add the problem to the issue tracker. :)

To fix the issue you can try editing the settings manually: the settings file is stored under %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lorenz_Cuno_Klopfenstein\. You should find a file named user.config that contains the following values:
  • RestoreLastSize: size of the window when restored
  • RestoreLastPosition: position of the window, using absolute coordinates (0,0 should be the top-left corner of your main screen)
Let me know if this doesn't help either.
Marked as answer by sunchilde on 2/8/2015 at 4:09 PM
Feb 9, 2015 at 12:09 AM
Thanks!

That didn't help per se, but if I changed those values, as well as the 'start in last line' changed to False, and one other line... then eventually I could get it to restore properly!

So it lead to a solution in the end.

Thanks for the help!
Marked as answer by sunchilde on 2/8/2015 at 4:09 PM