Click-Forwarding does not work in all instances

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:23 PM
Hello,

My goal was to use OnTopReplica to have a small version of a game window while I watch something, but it appears the click forwarding function does not work with the game window. The game in question is "OldSchool Runescape", which in itself is written in Java (all the custom clients for it are written in Java as well). Could it being written in Java be the cause of the problem and even if it is so, is it a problem that can be fixed?
Coordinator
May 20, 2016 at 1:04 PM
Hello,
the "click forwarding" feature unfortunately is very primitive and does not work in all scenarios. It could be because of how the Java user interface libraries handle user input or because of some other reason... there are several other features on the backlog still, but re-implementing the "click forwarding" feature is one of them. :)
May 25, 2016 at 8:10 AM
Hey!

Thanks for the reply. I actually imported the codebase to Visual Studio to play around with it for a bit and I discovered some cool things. Essentially I was wrong, it does technically work, but the application that I wanted it to work with also tracks mouse movements (location, to be more specific). I tried playing around it by adding a little mousemove call to the click actions in click forwarding, it's not ideal, but it technically forwards some mouse pointer location to the target window, enabling me to play OldSchool Runescape through it.

I'm not too proficient at C# though, so there could be different ways to implement mouse location forwarding, but I didn't have the time necessary to come up with a decent way to do that. The mousemove command also made the background window that was being replicated by OnTopReplica come on top, kind of defeating the whole purpose, so I'm not sure it's even possible to properly implement.

Since I have done some fiddling with that function, I can always explain what I did and how/why it doesn't really work perfectly in more detail, if you would find it useful.

All the best.