Feature Request: Alpha Masking

Apr 24, 2016 at 8:04 PM
First off thanks for the wonderful program! Very Useful!

I'd love it if there were a way to create an alpha mask for overlays using a greyscale bitmap (or other common image format). Essentially, I'm copying a portion of the screen that contains a square of information with rounded edges. While the overlay is perfectly functional, it's not the most elegant of images and I would like to use an alpha mask to round out the edges of the overlay.

I feel as though this program is intended to absolutely maximize usable screen space, and the addition of this feature would go a long way towards that goal.

If you were to add this feature, a followup option would be to make 100% transparent areas not pass clicks. I do not need this particular feature for my own uses since I'm using pass-through, but I can imagine other users benefiting.
Coordinator
May 20, 2016 at 1:03 PM
I'm afraid that this idea, although it sounds very useful, cannot be implemented in practice because of how the thumbnail "replicas" are generated. In essence, OnTopReplica relies on the thumbnail functionality of Windows, which does not allow you to manipulate the "clone" in any way. That applies also to alpha masking and other effects.
Jan 16 at 12:28 AM
Edited Jan 18 at 6:17 AM
Really love this program as is, but if there's any method to make fake this effect in real-time it would be a big benefit!