Potplayer window not shown

May 19, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Hi Lck,

I have PotPlayer 1.5.37776 installed (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/PotPlayer) and OnTopReplica 3.4 in Win7 32-bit. PotPlayer does not show up in select window list of OnTopReplica. PotPlayer option to show in taskbar is enabled and also shows taskbar thumbnail properly. Kindly advice.

Thanks and Regards,
Red.
Coordinator
May 21, 2013 at 7:56 AM
OnTopReplica usually only displays windows which are shown by the Alt+Tab dialog in Windows. If the player windows does not appear there, it probably won't appear in OnTopReplica either (even if it shows up in the taskbar). The algorithm that determines which windows are shown and which not can be improved, but the easiest way to clone that window would be to use a command line option:
OnTopReplica.exe --windowTitle=PotPlayer -v
will launch OnTopReplica and try to clone any window that has "PotPlayer" inside its title. You can replace "PotPlayer" with any other string inside the window's title. The -v flag select only visible windows.

Let me know it that works.
May 21, 2013 at 12:23 PM
PotPlayer window is visible in alt-tab at stopped state as well as while playing a video. I tried the above said command line option and OnTopReplica displayed it. The window title is just 'PotPlayer' at stopped state but changes while playing a video (adds filename in title), so have to clone the window before playback. Also, i had to turn off the option to restore last cloned window for the command line option to work. Thanks for the tip.

One more thing, any chance of a beta version of OnTopReplica 3.5? I saw some source code changes till apr 2013.

Thanks again.
Coordinator
May 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM
There should be no inconsistency between alt+tab and the window list in OnTopReplica. I'll check PotPlayer and try to fix it. Glad cloning the window works nonetheless. Another thing I could fix is overriding the "restore last cloned" when launching with command line arguments and allowing to specify part of the window title, not only the start of the title (that would help with PotPlayer when the filename is added).

There have been some changes, but I hardly have any time unfortunately to work on the application. I hope to publish a larger update some day soon. :)

Thank you for your feedback.