Suggestion: Keyboard-Inputs Redirection

Jun 27, 2013 at 6:04 AM
Edited Jun 27, 2013 at 6:05 AM
There are certain times in which I am working on something on my "work window", and suddenly I want to give a certain keyboard input to a "secondary window" I am seeing with OnTopReplica.
Swapping windows to that "secondary window" can get pretty annoying when I am required to do it repeated times, and it kind of defies the purpose of using OnTopReplica in first place.

However, if by clicking the OnTopReplica projection of the "Secondary Window" I could send keyboard input, then I would not have to make the tedious process of swapping windows, and my "work window" would always be on top.

Pretty similar to how "Click Forwarding" works, but with the keyboard input.

This would also allow OnTopReplica to be used for enterily new propurses besides watching videos, for instance to use facebook chat service while doing something else or to play flash games while reading news.

This is probably not a new idea to you, but though I would post it anyway. Perhaps it can help.
Yours faithfuly,
  • N4CRITICO
Coordinator
Jun 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Hello n4critico,
yes, keyboard forwarding (and better click forwarding) have been planned for a long time and would allow for some interesting (and useful) use-case scenarios, as you mentioned. Both will be done in some future version.
Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very appreciated. :)