This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Window Docking

May 9, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Would it be possible to allow OnTopReplica to be docked to a side of the screen? I just started using it today and what you've got so far is great. Personally I am not a fan of overlapping windows. My preference would be to dock the preview to the side of the screen or the top of the taskbar. I want opaque previews without covering up existing windows. I think the previous suggestion of window snapping would go along with this nicely too as once you dock one preview to the side you'll have room for more.
Coordinator
May 12, 2014 at 1:39 PM
hyphenistic wrote:
Would it be possible to allow OnTopReplica to be docked to a side of the screen? I just started using it today and what you've got so far is great. Personally I am not a fan of overlapping windows. My preference would be to dock the preview to the side of the screen or the top of the taskbar. I want opaque previews without covering up existing windows. I think the previous suggestion of window snapping would go along with this nicely too as once you dock one preview to the side you'll have room for more.
You can currently dock OnTopReplica to the top of the taskbar, by selecting "position lock -> bottom right/left" from the menu, if that is what you intended.

However, window snapping has been suggested before and I'd like to implement it in one of the next versions. :)
May 12, 2014 at 1:47 PM
By docking I mean attaching itself to a side and not allowing other windows to cover it up but also not covering up other windows. Basically how the current taskbar works. Although I haven't used a program that's done this in a while there were some old instant messenger apps that offered the ability to dock to the side of the screen. It allowed you to keep your buddy list always visible without hiding any other parts of other windows.