Window rotation and other wanted features

May 11, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Edited May 11, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Great program, thank you, very useful, but I miss 3 features:

1) Possibility to rotate OnTopReplica window.

Sometimes I work or play on pivoted monitor (physically rotated 270 degrees) while streaming from second monitor with rotation 0 degrees... Main monitor is only pivoted psychically so I would like to rotate OnTopReplica window to match screen orientation on my pivoted monitor!

Same while using OnTopReplica window inside program that works with 270 degrees rotation: example - watching youtube while playing zen Pinball FX2 with in-game 270 screen rotation.

2) Possibility to stream not window but just a region from other monitor

3) Was mentioned by other users - possibility to save settings
Coordinator
May 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Hi Vint, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you like OnTopReplica!
1) Possibility to rotate OnTopReplica window.

Sometimes I work or play on pivoted monitor (physically rotated 270 degrees) while streaming from second monitor with rotation 0 degrees... Main monitor is only pivoted psychically so I would like to rotate OnTopReplica window to match screen orientation on my pivoted monitor!

Same while using OnTopReplica window inside program that works with 270 degrees rotation: example - watching youtube while playing zen Pinball FX2 with in-game 270 screen rotation.
I understand the use case, but unfortunately that is technically unfeasable at the moment. OnTopReplica uses the DWM Thumbnail APIs provided by Windows, which do not offer a way to rotate or transform the image.
2) Possibility to stream not window but just a region from other monitor
This would also be quite difficult, since the DWM APIs mentioned above also do not provide a way to clone the whole desktop. This could be possible, but would require quite a bit of work, unfortunately.
3) Was mentioned by other users - possibility to save settings
I'm not sure what you mean: if you mean storing position, size and cloned window and use that combination of settings on start-up, this is something I am currently working on. :)